Public Works Permits

Encroachment Permits

The purpose of this permit is to regulate all work of any kind or nature performed with the public right of way or other public places contained within the corporate limits of the City and to promote the public health, safety and general welfare in accordance with approved standards. The permit applies to any activity, including, but not limited to, utility installation, approach construction, landscaping, erecting fixed objects, drainage improvements and all other improvement work and maintenance within the City's Right-Of-Way.

PDFRight-of-Way Encroachment Permit Application
PDFEncroachment Permits FAQ

Road Load Limit Application
In accordance with Section 49-1005, Idaho Code, the City of Hayden's Department of Public Works, charged with the maintenance of City roadways, has the authority to reduce the permissible sizes, weights, or speeds of vehicles operating on its road system for any periods as may be necessary for the protection of its roads or for public safety.

Businesses or vehicle operators who wish to operate on a road where a weight restriction is in place must fill out a "Special Load Limit Application" form (found below) for each truck or piece of heavy equipment that will travel on the road.  Once completed, email the completed form(s) to Wade Holecek at wholecek@cityofhaydenid.us or fax to (208) 762-2282. Once approved, a signed copy of the Special Load Limit Permit will be faxed to the requesting agency or may be picked up at the Public Works Department in Hayden City Hall. 

If you have already been given an address by City staff to submit your Winter Load Limit Application using our portal, please proceed to www.bsaonline.com/?uid-2689. 

This signed copy must be retained on each vehicle.

PDFOverweight - Overlength Permit
PDFLoad Limit Application - Special & Winter Permit
PDFLoad Limit FAQ
   Load Limit Map

Permits for Tree Planting, Removal, or Pruning
PDFA no cost ROW permit is required to plant, remove, or prune a tree in the City's Right-of-Way on your property.