Utility Billing

 Sewer service is the only utility billed by The City of Hayden. Other utilities are managed and billed by separate entities. See the how-to guide HERE for assistance determining your other utility providers.

Bills for sewer service are mailed on the 16th of every odd month. (i.e.  January, March, May, etc.)
  • If you are signed up for paperless statements and have not been receiving them, please check your email's junk/spam folders.

Payment is due on the 15th of the even months (i.e. February, April, June, etc.).

Residential Monthly Sewer Rate as of 10/15/2021: $52.50

pdf ImageSewer Rate Increase Fact Sheet
pdf ImageCity Sewer Funds Explained
pdf ImageFCS Group Sewer O&M Rate Study 2019

Payment can be made at Hayden City Hall or may be mailed to:

City of Hayden
8930 North Government Way
Hayden, Idaho 83835

* Drop boxes (No Cash! Please only drop checks and money orders.) are located in front of City Hall and at Super 1 Foods on Hayden Avenue.
* Pre Authorized payment information HERE.
* See payment page for details about online and phone payments.

Utility Billing Schedule

If the account is not paid in full by the 15th of the month following receipt of the bill, a $5.00 late fee will be charged.  Balances left unpaid by the next billing date will be assessed an additional $20.00.  Late fees are assessed in an attempt to encourage timely payment, thus keeping operating costs to a minimum.

In the event the due date falls on a weekend or holiday when the City of Hayden does not accept or receive mailed payments, then any mailed payment received by the City before the cut off time on the next business day will be considered an on-time payment.  Any payment dropped in the Super 1 or City of Hayden drop boxes before or on the due date would also be considered an on-time payment.  Payments made electronically, by telephone or in person must still be made on or before the due date. Late fees will be assessed on the next business day after the due date.


For questions in regard to your sewer bill, or for billing information changes, contact the Billing Department at:

Change of Address

For change of address, please complete the form below.  Forms can be mailed to the City Hall address above.
Forms can also be faxed to (208) 772-6522, or returned in one of our drop boxes, located in front of City Hall or at Super 1 Foods on Hayden Avenue.

pdf ImageChange of Address Request Form  -  Must be completed and signed by the property owner.

PLEASE NOTE:  The legal owner of the property remains solely responsible for payment of utility charges, regardless of where the bill is being mailed!

Service Agreements
The City of Hayden requires that property owners sign a Service Agreement when establishing an account for sewer service.  Only property owners will be billed for sewer service.  Bills will be mailed to the address provided by the owner.  Owners retain responsibility for payment until such time that the deed is transferred to a new owner and the City is notified in writing of the new owner’s name and address.