Permits assure that a building meets minimum life safety and structural standards. The City is responsible for the issuance of building and mechanical permits. Please note that electrical, plumbing and sewer permits are issued by the State of Idaho, Division of Building Safety (IDS). For information on IDS permits and codes, please contact them at (800) 955-3044 or on the web at https://dbs.idaho.gov/.
Visit our Online Portal for your Building and Planning transactions.
The City of Hayden adopted the following codes with City amendments and are in effect as of January 1, 2021.
Please use this link to the International Code Council Online Library. Then select edition year and specific code.
- International Building Code (IBC), 2018 edition
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC), 2018 edition
- International Residential Code (IRC) 2018 edition
- International Mechanical Code (IMC), 2018 edition
- International Fuel/Gas Code (IFGC), 2018 edition
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), 2018 edition
- International Fire Code (IFC), 2015 edition
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code, (ISPSC), 2015 edition
- Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, ICC A117.1-2009
- Idaho Manufactured Home Installation Standard, State of Idaho Division of Building Safety. 1-2018
Use the following design criteria in Hayden:
- Climate Zone: 5
- Seismic Design Category: C
- Wind speed: 90 mph (115 mph 3 second gust)
- Frost depth: 24” minimum
- The design snow loads for roofs shall be determined using factors and methodology contained in the publication, Ground and Roof Snow Loads For Idaho by the University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 1986 and shall be site specific. Interactive ID Snow Load map.
- Prescriptive Roof Snow Load (for residential design only):
- South of Miles Avenue 40 lbs per sq ft minimum
- North of Miles Avenue – 50 lbs per sq ft minimum
- Prescriptive Ground Snow Load (for residential design only):
- South of Miles Avenue – 60 lbs per sq ft
- North of Miles Avenue – 70lbs per sq ft
- Manufactured Home Snow Load: Must withstand a minimum of 40 pounds per square foot roof load.
- Commercial Snow Load: designs shall be based on site specific ground snow load conditions and the requirements of the 2018 IBC.
- Prescriptive Soil bearing capacity: 1500 psf (without soils investigation)
- 2018 IBC Permit Code Sections(When is a permit required? How long is it valid?)
- City of Hayden Fee Schedule
- Cold Weather Concrete
- Idaho Rules for Contractor Registration and Licensing 2018
- Hayden City Code
- International Code Council Online Library
- International Code Council Building Valuation Data Feb 2022
- Fencing Information: Title 11, Chapter 4 :Fence, Walls and Hedges
- Setback Information: Title 11, Chapter 2: Setback Information
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category