Hayden has adopted the following versions of the International Conservation Codes.
Beginning January 1, 2015, the 2012 version of ICC codes applies to:
- International Building Codes (IBC) (commercial & light industrial structures)
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- International Residential Code (IRC)
- International Energy Code (IEC) (Kootenai County, Zone 5)
- International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- International Fuel/Gas Code (IFGC)
- International Property Maintenance Code
- Uniform Code for Abatement of Dangerous Buildings – 97 Edition (UADB)
- International Fire Code (IFC)
Use the ICC 2003 version of the:
- American National Standard (ANSI)
Use the following design criteria in Hayden:
- Seismic Design Category C
- Wind speed: 90 m.p.h. (115 m.p.h. 3 second gust)
- Frost depth: 24” minimum
- Roof snow load: 40 lbs per sq. ft. minimum (determined by elevation of property)
- Ground snow load: 60 lbs per sq. ft. minimum (determined by elevation of property)
- Soil bearing capacity of 1500 psf (without soils investigation)
A building permit assures that a building meets basic life safety and structural standards.
Electrical & Plumbing permits are issued by the State of Idaho, Division of Building Safety. You may contact them regarding the currently adopted codes by visiting their website at http://dbs.idaho.gov or by calling (800) 955-3044.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category